God created us with a void that can only be filled with gratitude. Simply put, without it, you, your family, your church, your world will miss out!
Here a few extra-biblical quotes that trumpet the potential in thanksgiving:
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” ~Melody Beattie
- “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” ~H.U. Westermayer
- “The thing that awakens the deepest fountain of gratitude in a human being is that God has forgiven his sins.” ~Oswald Chambers
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” ~Cicero
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our Thanksgiving.” ~Purkiser
- “On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.” ~William Jennings Bryan
- “Before you go out into the world, wash your face in the clear crystal of praise. Bury each yesterday in the fine linen and spices of thankfulness.” ~Charles Spurgeon
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” ~William Arthur Ward
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” ~Aesop
- “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” ~Author Unknown
May the Lord bless you with a happy Thanksgiving!
Do you have a dynamic quote you feel should be added to this list for the benefit of others?