Are you tired of “vanilla” prayers…prayers that really don’t ask God to do much and that really don’t expect God’s audience or answer? At North Life we are getting ready to study on the audacious prayer of Joshua asking God to alter the lunar and solar cycles that had been in place in since the dawn of creation-definitely not a vanilla request! To live the full victorious Christian life in the robust, real promises of God requires boldness, courage, dream-bigness that is only possible through supernatural audacity discovered and sustained in prayer. In other words, audacious believers are always emboldened first in the prayer closet!
Jos 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Here are a few powerful quotes on prayer to interject a healthy dose of audacity to your prayers and mine:
- “When the devil sees a man or woman who really believes in prayer, who knows how to pray, and who really does pray, and, above all, when he sees a whole church on its face before God in prayer, he trembles as much as he ever did, for he knows that his day in that church or community is at an end.” ~R.A. Torrey
- “Prayer is not only asking, but an attitude of mind which produces the atmosphere in which asking is perfectly natural.” ~Oswald Chambers
- “Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart; and opens His hand. God cannot deny a praying soul.” ~Thomas Watson
- “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil. ~E.M. Bounds
- “Prayer is the nearest approach to God and the highest enjoyment of Him that we are capable of in this life.” ~William Law
“There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.” ~D.A. Pierson
- “Prayer is the exercise of drawing on the grace of God.” ~Oswald Chambers
- “Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers.” ~J. Sidlow Baxter
- “History is silent about revivals that did not begin with prayer.” ~Edwin Orr
- “We can be tired, weary, and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.” ~Charles Stanley
Do you really pray like the God who fills heaven and earth will respond to your humble, faith-filled voice? He will according to Joshua:
Jos 10:13-14 “And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.”
Very good quotes that you listed pastor. Keep up the cool bloggin.
Thank you for continued encouragement. You are a blessing to this fledging blogger.